The event’s focus is on pitching for your idea and convincing your potential investor to invest in it, all within a short time span. The elevator door opens and there stands your ideal investor. It’s the chance of a lifetime. But that chance only lasts as long as the elevator ride – you have less than a minute or two to make an impression! It is all about how creative you can get in crafting a flawless pitch, delivering it without a twitch, and ultimately gaining the investor’s confidence within that short time span.
The competition consists of three rounds as mentioned below:
- This round presents to you with a case with three business problems [you may choose to attempt any one]
- Each problem is designed to have a background / scenario, problem(s) / issue(s), relevant data, and a question or statement requiring your response.
- The questions are meant to be fairly open-ended. 10 candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of this round.
Round-2: At IIMB Campus
- A theme will be provided to you two days before the competition. You have to prepare a business idea based on this theme.
- You have only 120 seconds to pitch the investor about your idea.
- There will be no Q&A in this round. 5 participants who are able to impress the judges with their pitch will be invited into the final round.
Round-3: At IIMB Campus
- Participants will be given 3 hours to prepare their final pitch. Here, you will have 10 minutes to pitch your idea.
- The pitch does not necessarily require a PowerPoint presentation. Remember, creativity is the key here! Your ultimate aim is to sell your product.
- This will be followed by a Q&A.